May 6-13, 2017
7-Day “La Bella Vita” Yoga Retreat in Umbria, Italy
Yoga and Meditation in the Italian Countryside
Location: Umbria, Italy With: Jessica Bellofato and Roey Ficaro
Jessica is thrilled to be returning to the Italian countryside to offer you an amazing retreat to Locanda del Gallo, located in the heart of Umbria. Co-taught with fellow KamaDeva Yoga teacher and beautiful soul Roey Ficaro, join us to indulge your senses through magnificent, home-grown organic food, delicious wine, spectacular scenery, hiking, exploring, and twice daily Yoga to recharge, reboot, restore, and dive deep.
Our Venue for This Retreat
Our venue for this retreat will be the stunning Locanda del Gallo, a country house bed and breakfast located in the peaceful Umbria hills between Gubbio and Perugia. Prominently situated on a ridge which stretches into the centre of the valley, The Locanda del Gallo commands fine views over its 28 hectares of gardens, terraced lawns and woodland, this luxury, boutique hotel accommodation is immersed in nature. Enjoy green hills, gardens, silence, and extreme relaxation in the wellness centre with salt water swimming pool, jacuzzi spa and massage facilities. The Locanda del Gallo has 10 rooms all with private bathroom, each equally fresh and silent, and each unique from one another. The furnishings adorning every room were all hand-picked and brought back one by one from many distant journeys made by Paola and Irish, the owners. There is no television, and nothing to disturb the peace and tranquillity.
The chef will spoil you with healthy and organic cuisine. Organic tomatoes, salad leaves, aromatic herbs, and vegetables come from the kitchen garden. Olive oil from the olive grove, yogurt, cakes and home-made breads. In the finest traditions of Mediterranean cuisine, everything is natural, and everything is genuine.
Stroll at leisure through the olive grove, inhale the scent of roses and herbs, or simply curl up with a book under the shade of the old elm tree. The gardens hold many hidden gems and secret corners for you to discover. In one, an ecological chlorine-free swimming pool, encircled by comfortable sun loungers and close by the sybaritic delight of an outdoor Jacuzzi whirlpool spa. Or descend a few steps to enter the small Moorish style spa, let your tensions slip away in the Turkish bath and then immerse yourself in a cloud of cool, refreshing, mint scented water, before heading for the peace of the salon overlooking the verdant landscape to sip a tisane, read a book, or revive yourself under the hands of our masseuse.
For those who wish to venture on a day excursion, Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi and Cortona are all within easy reach of the Locanda del Gallo and even Siena, Florence and Rome are not too far.
- 7 nights, 8 days in a gorgeous Italian Villa nestled into the Umbrian countryside
- All rooms have private bath
- All meals, starting with dinner on the night of arrival, three meals daily, and breakfast on day of departure
- Twice-daily yoga taught by Jessica Bellofatto and Roey Ficaro
- Early morning (but not too early!) pranayama and meditation session
- Daily group hikes through the Italian countryside
- Mountain bikes to explore with the group or on your own
- Pasta-making class
- Use of the chlorine free swimming pool and outdoor jacuzzi
- Use of the underground Moorish style spa with Turkish bath
- Free internet
- Daily cleaning
- Easy day trips to Gubbio, Perugia, Assisi and Cortona
- Further day trips to Siena, Florence, and Rome
- Hand weaving workshop—learn the art of hand looming and dyeing fabric with vegetable dyes, located down the road from the locanda!
- Tennis (courts located 10 minutes away!)
- Play golf on a championship golf course 30 minutes away
A Sample Day
- 7:30am guided pranayama and meditation
- 8:15am light breakfast
- 9-11am yoga
- 11:30am lunch
- 12-5pm hike, free time, day trips, massage and spa time, etc
- 5-7pm yoga
- 7:30pm dinner
Rates & Registration
Per person rates for this retreat are outlined below. Please book early to secure your preferred type of occupancy. A non-refundable $500 deposit per person is required to secure your space on this retreat. From March 11, 2017 onwards, the full amount is required upon registration and any remaining balances become payable. Please use the button below to sign up and join us for yoga in the Italian countryside in Spring 2017!
|Double Occupancy||$2450 per person|
|Single Occupancy||$3250 per person|
Cancellation & Refund Policy
The $500 deposit is non-refundable. Cancellations prior to 8 weeks will receive a refund of monies paid, less the $500 deposit. Cancellations within 8 weeks of retreat date are non-refundable, with any outstanding balance fully payable. Since last minute injuries, illnesses, work emergencies, or deaths in the family unfortunately do happen, we HIGHLY recommend travel insurance.