February 19-24, 2018
5-Day “Just Add Water” Family Yoga Retreat!
Yoga, SUP and Surfing Fun in Rincon, Puerto Rico
Location: Rincon, Puerto Rico With: Jessica Bellofatto
We are thrilled to be offering this special yearly retreat for the first time ever as a family retreat, falling over the dates of Presidents Week (with childcare included!) Join us with your spouse, partner, babies, and kids for a week of bliss in the surf capital of the Caribbean—Rincon, Puerto Rico. Practice yoga on the pool deck overlooking the ocean, stand up paddleboard in the clear warm water of the Caribbean sea, pop up on your first wave with the amazing instructors from Rd2Happiness surf school, and enjoy the best food you have ever tasted lovingly and consciously prepared by Adam Kelinson, author of The Athlete’s Plate—Real Food for High Performance, creator of Organic Performance and owner of Around the Fire Catering (and learn how to make that food yourself!)
Our Venue for This Retreat
We will stay at the beautiful Villas Tres Palmas, a 4 acre oceanfront compound complete with two main villas, 4 separate cottages, and three pools! Ceiling fans and air conditioners (rarely needed) will ensure your sleeping comfort in this tropical paradise. Depending on your needs, you might choose to share a room with your child (or children) or opt to reserve a bedroom (or free standing one or two bedroom cottage) for more sleeping space (and privacy for you!)
Your days will be filled with twice daily yoga, stand up paddleboarding for all levels, cooking classes and food talks with Adam, optional surf lessons, optional massage, and three meals daily (one dinner out not included). In your down time, lounge at one of the pools, grab a smoothie or snack at Carta Buena, snorkel at Steps beach, horseback ride, parasail, or relax!
Organic, non-GMO, and ALL locally sourced food will delight your palate, energize your body, and perhaps invite you to start thinking about and re-creating your relationship with food. Where it comes from, why it is so important to not just you individually but to the world and the planet. If you so choose, you can accompany Adam on one trip to the farmers market and the farmstands to watch and learn about the process from start to finish, how to select food, what questions to ask before purchasing, and more. Back at our villa, two optional cooking classes are included in your retreat!
- Delicious welcome juice/smoothie
- 5 nights stay at Villa Tres Palmas
- One yoga class on day of arrival and two classes daily from Tuesday through Friday (one or two of these will be family yoga sessions with kids and parents)
- Three stand up paddleboarding lessons/tours Tuesday through Friday—depending on your level of confidence, children are invited to be on your board (or one of the instructors boards) for paddling. (Please plan to bring a coast guard approved life vest for your child- they are not provided.)
- One SUP Yoga session (conditions permitting)
- Lunch and dinner on Monday, and three meals daily Tuesday through Friday (one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on Thursday NOT INCLUDED) and departure breakfast on Saturday
- Free internet at the villas/ cottages
- Laundry facilities
- One trip to farmers market/ farm stand with Adam
- Two cooking lessons/ talks with Adam
- Two on-site babysitters will look after all of the children. If you have a baby or younger toddler that you feel you need one on one supervision for, that can be provided at an additional cost.
- Transport from airport to Villas Tres Palmas ($45 for one person one way, if 5 or more $10 each)
- Optional surf lessons
- Optional excursions, E.g. Hike in a local rain forest, mountain bike tour, scuba diving, surf lessons, parasailing, horseback riding on beaches and trails, snorkeling, waterfall tour, tour to bio-luminescent bay, fishing charters
Fly to Aguadilla (airport code BQN) and Villas Tres Palmas is 45 min by car. We will arrange for a driver to pick you up. Alternatively, you can fly to San Juan and get picked up there (cost is $150 and travel time 2.5 hours) or fly from San Juan to Mayaguez and get picked up in Mayaguez. Once you have booked your flight, email me your itinerary to arrange for transport. Please plan to arrive anytime AFTER 10:00am on Monday, February 19th, and depart by checkout (11:00am) on Saturday, February 24th.
Rates & Registration
Rates to be announced.