June 2-9, 2018
7-Day Yoga Retreat in Ithaca, Greece
Relax in this Greek Island Paradise in the Ionian Sea
Location: Ithaca, Greece With: Jessica Bellofatto
Join me on a magical Yoga and SUP Retreat to the beautiful island of Ithaca, Greece. We will stay at the unbelievably gorgeous Itha108, which boasts organic mattresses, organic cuisine, 360 degree views, and a retreat center literally built into the landscape. This spectacular location will be our home for a week of deeply grounding and transformative Yoga, stand up paddleboard lessons and my signature SUP Yoga classes, hiking, spa treatments, and more!
Our Venue for This Retreat
Itha108 is a Greek island retreat set in a place of outstanding natural beauty, providing a space specifically for peace, relaxation and practice. Ithaca, home of Itha108, is one of the smallest in the Ionian island constellation that is radiating with Grecian authenticity. It’s shores play host to a long Homeric and mythical history whose many mysteries are sensed amongst animated panorama and secretive coves. Itha108 overlooks the sea and the eastern coastline of neighbouring Kefalonia from an elevated wilderness of olive trees and exposed rocks that provide the elements around which it is built, allowing its natural beauty to speak for itself. An emphasis on indoor-outdoor living ensures full use of the land and its treasures that extend to sweeping and hidden beaches below.
Jessica Bellofatto teaches a vinyasa-based practice, borrowing the breath inspired movement of the Ashtanga system, and blended with the precision and intelligence of alignment based systems such as Iyengar, Anusara and Ashaya. Students can expect a strong physical practice with mindful and creative sequencing, transformative hands on adjustments, music to fit the mood, and sprinkled with some chanting and philosophy to educate and inspire. Open to ALL Levels of Student, Jessica has over 22 years of teaching experience and is able to cater to all bodies, and physical abilities.
Meals are AMAZING, locally sourced and organic. The breakfast buffet is a feast with homemade breads, fruit, Greek yogurt, fresh squeezed juice, coffee, tea, and more. Served overlooking the Ionian Sea in the morning sun, or in the shade of the trees/pergola. Lunch buffet under the pergola, afternoon tea and biscuit, and then Dinner served under a canape of stars and the moon reflecting off the ocean. Each meal is better than the last and is not only incredibly delicious but healthy!
- Early morning pranayama and meditation session
- Twice-daily yoga taught by Jessica (at least two restorative sessions spread out over the course of the week will be included). We have a choice of THREE Yoga rooms for our yoga sessions: a gorgeous outdoor shala shaded by trees and overlooking the sea, a circular higher outdoor shala with amazing views and morning sun, and a beautiful, quiet, sacred indoor shala, perfect if the weather is cooler or for deeply restorative sessions without any distraction.
- Stand up paddleboard and sup yoga session will be offered three times over the course of the week (weather and conditions permitting)
- Three organic, locally-sourced meals daily (one group dinner out is not included)
- Daily hike
- Homer’s Walk: an amazing walk through what are believed to be the ruins of Odysseus’ home as told by Homer in The Iliad and the Odyssey. This walk starts at the main square in Stavros on the island of Ithaca, where we first visit an archeological museum, and then wanders through the town and ends at the ruins where excavations have taken place to prove that the island really is Homer’s Ithaca.
- Boat ride to Fiskardo for lunch and shopping
- Infused olive oil soap: Basil, Lavender, and Sage, and Calendula face balm (made by the owner Ingrid!)
- Daily housekeeping
- Beach towels
- All yoga mats, gear, including bolsters, etc. Itha108 is perfectly equipped with PLENTY of props and gear unlike many other retreat locations! It’s a total joy for everyone to have two blocks, two straps, bolsters and blankets!
- Internet throughout the retreat center and in all bedrooms/yurts
- All transportation to retreat location
- All local transfer costs
- Alcohol/wine at meals is additional (although IS available onsite)
Fly to Athens and then book a flight from Athens (ATH) to Kefalonia (EFL). The airline to fly from Athens to Kefalonia is Aegean/Olympic. This is an easy one hour flight on a small plane and should cost about $200 RT or less. Before booking any flights, please check your itinerary with me as if more people can arrive at or around the same time, everyone can save money on transport. From Kefalonia, you will take a 40-minute ferry ride to the island of Ithaca! Trust me, it is worth the journey!
Rates & Registration
Per person rates for this retreat are outlined below. A non-refundable $500 deposit per person is required to secure your space, with the remaining balance due no later than April 7th, 2017. (eight weeks prior to the start date). After this date, payment in full is required when registering. Please use the button below to sign up.
|Yurt, shared||$1950 per person|
|India room, shared double||$2375 per person|
|Jungaal room, shared double||$2375 per person|
|Mango room, shared double||$2375 per person|
|New York room, shared double||$2375 per person|
|White room, shared double||$2275 per person|
|Raas room, shared for couples||$2375 per person|
|Any of the double rooms as a private single||$3250 per person|
Cancellation & Refund Policy
The $500 deposit is non-refundable. Cancellations prior to 8 weeks will receive a refund of monies paid, less the $500 deposit. Cancellations within 8 weeks of retreat date are non-refundable, with any outstanding balance fully payable. Since last minute injuries, illnesses, work emergencies, or deaths in the family unfortunately do happen, we HIGHLY recommend travel insurance.