September 7-10, 2017
4-Day Coastal Goddess Retreat in York, Maine
Late Summer Yoga, SUP & Surfing in the Northeastern U.S.
Location: York, Maine With: Jessica Bellofatto & Nadia Bonenfant
Whilst the end of summer is slowly rolling in, the pace of coastal life is tuning down to a beautiful, organic feel. September by the Atlantic Ocean is a wonderful time to surf, SUP and transition your yoga practice into fall. We all have moments in life when we need to get away to a peaceful place to evaluate our level of happiness, productivity and joy. This 4-day Ocean Retreat is open to a small group of women and offers a perfect combination of yoga by the ocean, surf, SUP, as well as useful workshops on goal evaluation, and goal setting for the fall season. Your hosts and teachers Jessica Bellofatto and Nadia Bonenfant will be there to facilitate your journey and guide you on a transformational, empowering women weekend inspired by the ebb and flow of life and the mother Ocean. Join us for this once a year edition at our beautiful seaside cottage in York, Maine. Enjoy daily walks on the beach and the freedom of connecting with the ocean when you feel the need to. This unique long weekend retreat will allow you to check in with yourself in a fun and loving way, as well as discover the cleansing power of salt water during our surf and SUP lessons!
Our Venue for This Retreat
Nestled in the heart of York, Maine, two beautiful private seaside homes will be our private abode for the duration of our stay. One home sits majestically above the ocean on the Nubble, and features gorgeous up-scale bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. The views from every room are a dream! On the first floor, the kitchen opens up to the living room and the ocean beyond. Our second home is located across the street from the beach. Newly renovated and with a large beautiful yard and firepit, this 3300 sq foot home has 5 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms, and a brand new kitchen! Our private chef will be sure to feed your soul and body and keep you energized for this Coastal Living Goddess Retreat.
This retreat will be hosted by Jessica Bellofatto and Nadia Bonenfant, founder of JUNA Yoga, an all-women yoga and adventure travel business. Together they have developed a wonderful co-teaching approach to allow their guests to have fun, play with practice and introspect on healthy, attainable living. They both design and lead all women retreats worldwide, teach for Wanderlust Festivals and lead SUP Yoga teacher trainings in their own regions.
- 3 Nights in private or shared accommodation (See notes for discounts on bed sharing)
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and supper (Please note that we are planning a seafood/lobster dinner on the Saturday night. This outing is optional and at your own cost should you like to join the group at the Cape Neddick Eatery)
- All SUP and Surf equipment
- 1 Surf lesson
- 2 SUP Yoga classes with time for SUP paddle exploration
- 2 Yoga classes per day with guided meditations
- Goal setting handouts to create your weekend ocean toolbox
- Art supplies for our Friday night vision board design session
- Salt and essential oils for our mermaid scrub spa workshop
- Welcome bundles with gifts from our partners
- Travel to and from retreat home
- Travel insurance: please verify with your insurance provider. We suggest that activities in our retreats such as SUP, surf, yoga and hiking be covered by your insurance and that you have complete medical and travel interruption/cancellation insurance.
- Saturday evening supper at Cape Neddick Eatery
- Optional activities: massage or other spa treatments
All surf and SUP paddling exploration and SUP yoga are open to all levels of experience. Both English and French are spoken at the retreat. All equipment is provided on site and food restrictions/allergies taken into consideration in our menu planning.
A Sample Day
- 6:30am: Optional 30 minute meditation at the beach
- 7:00am: Beach Yoga or in house yoga to warm up our surfing muscles
- 8:45am: Breakfast
- 10:00am: Surf lesson
- 1:00pm: Lunch at the cottage
- 2:30pm: Coaching session no.1: Am i leading a life that I love? The Ocean Chakra Inspiration Approach to Happiness
- 5:00pm: Yoga for the heart: opening from the inside out series
- 6:30pm: Dinner at the cottage
- 8:00pm: Vision Boarding
- 9:30pm: Lights Out
The retreat home is located in Yorke Maine. Plan to arrive for retreat check-in at 4:00pm on September 7th. The retreat ends, and check-out time is at 10:00am, September 10th.
Arriving by Air: You can take a direct flight into Portland International Jetport from larger American hubs such as Chicago, Detroit, NYC, Washington, Atlanta, Philadelphia. From here, you can rent a car and take the 45min drive up to York Beach, Maine. For international guests, you can also fly into the Boston Logan International Airport. From here, the retreat house is about a 75min drive.
By Car: Rental cars are available from the Portland International Jetport and Logan International Airport. If you are coming from the Montreal area, York, Maine is about a 5.5 hour drive southeast of the border. If you have a few days on either end of the retreat – renting a car / driving is a great option as it allows you to take time and discover the East Coast and its many beautiful sights and beaches.
Carpooling: Some of our guests also enjoy carpooling. Our team is happy to try and link you up with other guests coming from the Montreal area or flying into the same hubs as you. You can then share the cost of a rental car and get to know yourselves better before arriving to the retreat home. Let us know!
Rates & Registration
Per person rates for this retreat are outlined below. Please book early to secure your preferred type of occupancy. A non-refundable $500 deposit per person is required to secure your space on this retreat. From July 13, 2017 onwards, the full amount is required upon registration and any remaining balances become payable. Due to the intimate nature of this retreat, and the small number of women able to book, promo codes can not be accepted. Thank you for your understanding.
|Master King Suite, Single Occupancy||$1600||FULL|
|Master King Suite, Double Occupancy (Sharing bed)||$1050 per person||FULL|
|King Suite, Single Occupancy||$1500||FULL|
|King Suite, Double Occupancy (Sharing bed)||$950 per person||FULL|
|Queen Suite, Single Occupancy||$1300|
|Queen Suite, Double Occupancy (Sharing bed)||$900 per person|
|Shared Suite, Double Occupancy (Bunk or twin beds)||$950 per person||FULL|
|Shared Suite, Triple Occupancy (Bunk or twin beds)||$750 per person|
|Shared Suite, Quadruple Occupancy (Bunk beds)||$675 per person|
Cancellation & Refund Policy
The $500 deposit is non-refundable. The full balance is due by July 13, 2017. Cancellations prior to 8 weeks will receive a refund of monies paid, less the $500 deposit. Cancellations within 8 weeks of retreat date are non-refundable, with any outstanding balance fully payable. Since last minute injuries, illnesses, work emergencies, or deaths in the family unfortunately do happen, we HIGHLY recommend travel insurance.