Postponed until 2020 - Stay Tuned!
“Off The Beaten Path” Yoga Retreat in Nicaragua
Yoga, Surf, and SUP Retreat in San Juan del Sur
Location: San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua With: Jessica Bellofatto
I am thrilled to be sharing this long- awaited offering, which will most likely become an annual retreat. Join me for 8 days and 7 nights of Yoga, Surf, and SUP in the idyllic and relatively still undiscovered paradise that is southern Nicaragua. Often referred to as the next Costa Rica, yoga, surfing, and stand up paddleboarding will all be a part of the week’s activities, with plenty of time for strolling the private, secluded beach, relaxing by the pool, or checking out the shopping scene in nearby San Juan del Sur.
Our Venue for This Retreat
Our venue for this retreat is Verdad Costa Dulce, a brand new resort nestled into a tropical dry forest, with breathtaking ocean views of Playa Escameca down below. Five freestanding cabins with decks overlooking the ocean and two pool rooms linked by beautifully landscaped paths are comfortable, beautifully designed, and will provide you with an amazing night’s sleep after a full day of activity. All rooms have private ensuite bathrooms, and WIFI.
Exquisite Organic Cuisine
I am beyond excited that my boyfriend, chef, author, and culinary ethno-botanist Adam Kelinson will be preparing our meals for this retreat. The food will be beyond compare, sourced daily, with organic vegetables from Verdad’s own garden, fish plucked out of the ocean just hours (or minutes!) earlier, delighting your palate and fulfilling and nourishing your body in a way that you have possibly never experienced before (he’s THAT good!)!
- 7 nights, 8 days at the beautiful and tranquil Verdad
- (almost) all meals, starting with dinner on the night of arrival, three meals daily, and breakfast on day of departure. (Please note that one lunch and two dinners are NOT included, to allow our guests to check out the local beach cafe, and enjoy some of the food scene in town, where we can all go as a group.
- Twice-daily yoga 4-5 of the 7 full days (allowing time for other activities)
- One Surf Lesson
- One Paddleboard Excursion
- One massage
- Early morning pranayama and meditation session
- Two group hikes
- Free internet
- Daily cleaning
- RT transport from Managua Airport to Verdad for enough people arriving together as a group. (Transfer rate is $70 for individuals.)
- Airfare to Managua
- Wine or other alcohol- there is an honor bar at the pool!
- Specialty drinks, bottled water
- Surfboard Rentals and Surf Lessons for extra surfing
- Boogie board
- Massage (one is included in your week- see above!)
- Horseback Riding
- Zip Line
- Fishing/ Boating
A Sample Day
- 6:15am guided pranayama and meditation
- 7-10am light breakfast (help yourself at your convenience)
- 8-9:30am yoga
- 10am surf or paddle
- 12pm lunch
- 1-5pm free time, massage, pool, beach, town
- 5-6:30pm evening surf session or paddle or yoga
- 7pm dinner
Fly to Managua Airport (MGA). We will arrange a shuttle/ driver for your trip to Verdad, unless you wish to rent a car, and we can provide driving directions.
Rates & Registration
Stay tuned for 2020 dates and rates.