SUP Yoga Teacher Training
in The Hamptons, NY
2-Day Paddleboard Yoga Teacher Training Course
SUP Yoga is an amazing practice for developing core strength and balance, and it’s a wonderful way to enjoy nature’s beauty. The JBYoga 18-hour SUP Yoga teacher certification training will prepare you to confidently and safely teach fun and challenging yoga classes on the water. This two-day course is also appropriate for non-teachers and SUP enthusiasts who wish to immerse themselves in the practice for a weekend—amidst the beauty of the Hamptons! In addition to receiving your SUP Yoga teaching certificate, you will also receive your WPA Level 1 Paddlers certificate. We offer Spring, Summer and Fall trainings in the Hampton, NY, and new in 2018, we are offering a SUP Yoga Teacher Training in Tulum, Mexico in collaboration with SUP Yoga Tulum! (See dates below.)
What This Course Covers
This 2-day 18-hour certification course includes:
- SUP Skills: Forward stroke, turn techniques and maneuvering, board anatomy and handling, launching and landing
- Beginner SUP: Clear, concise method for instructing a beginner paddle board lesson
- Safety & Rescue: Lifesaving techniques including flip rescue, active & passive drowning victims. Weather and marine hazards, local knowledge
- Anchor Systems: Individual and group, including how to make your own anchor line
- JBYOGA Signature SUP Yoga Sequences from Beginner to Advanced
- JBYOGA SUP Yoga Manual
- WPA LEVEL 1 Manual
- Business of SUP Yoga: Starting your business, insurance, permitting, and defining your brand
- Equipment provided for duration of training: Boga Yoga Board, Werner ZEN paddle, anchor, and PFD
- Swag Bag: Awesome gear from our sponsors including organic JBYoga bag, water bottle, sunscreen, hat and tank top–plus a few surprise goodies!
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued both a WPA Level 1/ Class 1 Instructor’s course certification, and a JBYoga SUP Yoga certification.
Instructor Jessica Bellofatto
I have been teaching yoga for the past 22 years and paddling for the last ten. As a SUP pioneer, I was the first woman in the Northeast to begin practicing yoga on a paddleboard. I became WPA certified as a SUP instructor in the spring of 2012, the same year I became a certified stillwater lifeguard (ocean coming soon; I plan to train and take the test this summer). In 2015, I completed the water safety rescue course through the ASI and the ASI Level 1 SUP Instructor course in Englewood, Florida. I love yoga and SUP and am also an avid SUP racer and surfer. I am honored to be an ambassador for the last 6 years for the company Boga—the first board company to make a board specifically for Yoga. These are the boards you will be paddling and learning sup yoga on. Even if you have no intention of teaching SUP yoga, you’ll learn a ton by immersing yourself more deeply than you could in a standard class. Plus you’ll get to appreciate the ancient practice of Yoga from a new perspective!
Instructor Evelyn O’Doherty
Evelyn O’Doherty—SUP instructor, surf instructor, Yoga teacher and SUP racer extraordinaire—will be joining us to offer a two hour stroke clinic to share her years of knowledge and help to hone our skills as paddlers. Evelyn is sponsored by Kialoa Paddles, Starboard SUP, and others and I am honored to be able to include her in this training.
On The Day
Please plan to arrive either evening before, or the first morning for a 8:00am start time. We will have BOGA boards for your use, so no need to bring your board unless you want to. If you do not have your own paddle and PFD (personal flotation device), we can provide those for you.
Transport & Accommodation
We have some limited accommodations in our house for those of you that need a place to stay, which are on a first come, first serve basis at the rate of $90/night. Here are some other options of places to stay for those of you traveling from out of town.
- Forever Bungalows in Sag Harbor
- Enclave Inn have rates that are very low off-season, so call to see if there is a special.
- The Cozy Cottages also possibly offer low off-season rates.
We recommend having your own transportation while you are here. There are Budget and Enterprise car rentals at the East Hampton Air Port. To get to East Hampton, if you are not coming by car:
- The Hampton Jitney bus to East Hampton. Reservations are essential.
- The Long Island Rail Road train to East Hampton. This is the cheapest option.
Tuition & Registration
The cost of the SUP Yoga Certification weekend in the Hamptons is $800 for both days. The cost is $450 per day for students who simply wish to immerse themselves in a full day of SUP Yoga, or who need to make up for missing a day on a previous training. You may also opt to take the first day only to receive your WPA Certificate. A non-refundable $400 deposit is required to hold your space, with the balance due four weeks prior to the course date. From four weeks prior to course date the full amount is due when registering. Please sign up using the button below. Please contact me if you prefer to pay by check. Prefer a tropical location!? Click here for details of our SUP Yoga Teacher Training in Tulum, Mexico!
Cancellation & Refund Policy
A $400 deposit is required to hold your space and is non-refundable in any event. Cancellations less than 4 weeks before the start date will not receive a refund.
Upcoming Training Dates
Please allow a few moments for the schedule of upcoming SUP Yoga teacher trainings to load below. Please be sure to enroll on the dates and for the location you prefer (i.e. Hamptons, NY or Tulum Mexico). Use the “next” buttons to see into the year ahead.